Oh the horror! Imagine waking up to the sight of a pimple on your wedding day! Of all the days, never would a girl want this to happen to her on her wedding day. Do not fret and fuss. We understand it is a very big deal, but we are here to help you fix all kinds of emergencies that might make an unpleasant entry.
Emergency 1: Pimples and zits
Pimples have traditionally been the girl’s worst enemy. Stop panicking and get to work immediately.
- Get some ice cubes and rub it over the affected area.
- If you want to pop it out (try avoiding it), make sure your hands are clean.
- Dab a little lemon juice over it after it pops out. It might sting but lemon is known to dry out pimples.
- Finally, apply a little toothpaste, preferably with a mint extract, and let it rest for some time before you start applying the makeup.
Emergency 2: Puffy eyes
A very common problem for most brides during their wedding, puffy or baggy eyes can be taken care of easily.
- Warm up two caffeinated tea bags and put them over your eyes for a few minutes. It will soothe the blood vessels and reduce the swelling.
- In the meantime, put some teaspoons in the freezer. Once they are chilled, place them over the eyes for a few minutes.
- Finally, place some slices of potato or cucumber over your eyes to reduce all signs of fatigue.
Emergency 3: Hairy mess
Well, this shouldn’t happen. After all, after your hair is fixed by the stylist, mishaps like these are unfortunate. But one never knows with emergencies!
- Most brides choose buns as their staple hairstyle for their wedding day. In case the bun starts unravelling, all you need are some bobby pins and a hair spray.
- Carefully pin back the rolled down hair. To help them stay put, use a generous amount of hair spray.
- Caution, your bridal beauty kit should have these items in place.
Emergency 4: Chipped nails
Your looks can be totally spoiled by a mere chipped nail. You may have gone for the best manicure in town but a chipped nail can appear just out of nowhere.
- Make sure you carry that nail polish in your beauty kit.
- Re-apply the coat and let it dry properly.
- In fact, the entire set of nail polish, nail polish remover and nail file should find a space in your kit for any untoward damage during the wedding.
Emergency 5: Blisters
Well technically not a beauty emergency, but an emergency nonetheless!
- New shoes can spell disaster on an important day like one’s wedding. Though you may have practised walking in them before the D-day, there are chances that they cause you discomfort.
- Hence, keeping cotton and band-aids ready in your first-aid kit is imperative.
- Keep a pair of flats handy. Wearing heels for long hours can be quite discomforting, especially if you are not used to it.