Even the most gorgeous jewellery may not compliment a bride sometimes. Have you wondered why? Just like not every lehenga type suits all body types, all kinds of jewellery is not suitable for all face types and skin tones. To clear any confusion before buying your bridal jewellery, here’s presenting a checklist that will act as a perfect guide to help you select your jewellery that will flatter both your skin tone and face type.
Choosing the bridal jewellery according to skin tone
1. Determine your skin tone. Find a spot where your veins are visible easily. If they appear blue, you are a cool-toned person. On the other hand, if the veins appear green, you are a warm-toned person.
2. All cool toned brides should opt for metals like diamond, platinum, white gold and silver for their bridal jewellery.
3. For the warm toned brides, the preferred metals for your jewellery should be yellow gold, copper, brass and pewter.
4. Selecting the right gemstones for your bridal jewellery is also important. The cool toned brides can opt for bright colours like pink, red, blue, purple, and green, which bring life and vivacity.
5. Earthy tones like orange, brown, yellow, and turquoise work well for warm toned brides. Make sure your jewellery is designed with some of these gemstones for added effect.
Choosing the bridal jewellery according to face shape
1. Determine your face shape. The most common face shapes are round/square, oval, heart/diamond, and rectangle/oblong.
2. All round faced brides should select their bridal jewellery that offsets the roundness of their face. Look for necklaces that elongate your face; typically, select necklaces that extend below the neckline. For earrings, go for shapes like oval and angular. Teardrops and danglers will look the best.
3. The oval faced brides can be versatile with their jewellery. Both long and short necklaces can be worn with equal flair. Similarly, you can experiment with many earring styles. Hoops and danglers will especially look good. Just make sure that the earrings are not too long.
4. The heart faced brides need jewellery that will add roundness to their chin area. Short necklaces and chokers look the best. You will look particularly good with danglers, teardrop and chandelier earrings. They will help elongate your face and minimize the sharpness around the jaw line.
5. Bridal jewellery for the rectangular faced brides should be chosen that contrasts the length of the face. Choker-style necklaces will look the best on a rectangular face. For earrings, choose short or round earrings to contrast the longer face shape. Button earrings complement your face shape like no other.